Crothers Criminal Law specializes in Weapons Charges in Mississauga & Throughout the GTA.
Crothers Criminal Law defends weapons charges.
- Client found in residence subject to police search warrant. Multiple parties present charged with POSSESSION OF RESTRICTED FIREARMS, POSSESSION OF AMMUNITION, CARELESS STORAGE OF FIREARMS, etc. Obtain bail for client. After lengthy negotiations with the crown attorney agreement reached to WITHDRAW ALL CHARGES against client. Brampton, Ontario Court of Justice.
- Client’s residential address subject to search warrant by police. Allegations that client in possession of drugs, and, POSSESSION OF RESTRICTED & PROHIBITED FIREARMS, POSSESSION OF AMMUNITION, CARELESS STORAGE OF FIREARMS, and POSSESSION OF FIREARMS WHILE PROHIBITED. Obtained bail for client. Defence proceeded to trial and filed pretrial motions alleging violation of client’s rights under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. At trial, defence motion granted, and ALL CHARGES DISMISSED. Toronto, Ontario Court of Justice.
- Client charged by former spouse, and mother of child, with historic domestic and sexual abuse which was alleged to have occurred over a lengthy period of time several years ago. Complainant alleged client committed a long history of abuse, as well forced her into prostitution.Client facing charges of:ASSAULT WITH A WEAPON (6 counts)
UTTER THREATS TO CAUSE BODILY HARM OR DEATH (3 counts)
POINT FIREARM (3 counts)
USE FIREARM WHILE COMMITTING DESIGNATED OFFENCE (2 counts)
USE IMITATION FIREARM WHILE COMMITTING INDICTABLE OFFENCE (2 counts)
PROCURE PERSON TO BECOME PROSTITUTE, AIDING & ABETTING PERSON TO CARRY ON PROSTITUTION, ASSAULT CAUSE BODILY HARM, SEXUAL ASSAULT, FORCIBLE CONFINEMENT, TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS, FINANCIAL BENEFIT FROM TRAFFICKING OF PERSONS, ROBBERY WITH FIREARM, and, EXTORTION WITH FIREARM.Defence proceeded with preliminary inquiry to obtain evidence from complainant. Defence then proceeded to trial and cross examined complainant for several days, eliciting serious inconsistencies, and, multiple lies. Client was found NOT GUILTY OF ALL 31 CHARGES after trial. Toronto, Superior Court of Justice.
- Client charged by York Regional Police as part of large scale project investigation. Police executed search warrant on condominium seizing firearm, ammunition and alleged stolen property.Client facing charges of:POSSESSION OF PROPERTY OBTAINED BY CRIME
POSSESSION OF A WEAPON DANGEROUS TO THE PUBLIC
POSSESSION OF A PROHIBITED FIREARM WITH AMMUNITION
UNAUTHORIZED POSSESSION OF A FIREARM
UNSAFE STORAGE OF A FIREARM
TAMPERING WITH A FIREARM SERIAL NUMBERAt trial defence filed motion to exclude evidence attacking the search warrant used by police. Defence cross examination of detective who applied for search warrant revealed serious deficiencies in information used by police to obtain search warrant. DEFENCE MOTION GRANTED and ALL EVIDENCE WAS EXCLUDED FROM TRIAL by the presiding Judge. As a result, ALL CHARGES DISMISSED against client. Newmarket Provincial Court.
- PROHIBITED WEAPON charge dismissed after defence motion granted. Motion stated the police conduct was unlawful due to false investigation into alleged ‘gang’ affiliation. Brampton Provincial Court.
- FIREARM and COCAINE charges dismissed after trial. Defence successfully argues client had no knowledge of illegal items’ existence in a vehicle he was operating. Client did not have to testify. Brampton Superior Court.
- DANGEROUS WEAPON charge dismissed after defence motion granted. Motion stated police conduct violated client’s right to seek lawyer’s advice. Brampton Provincial Court.
- FIREARM charges dismissed after trial. Defence cross-examination of police eye-witness revealed untruthful evidence. Brampton Provincial Court.
- Client found NOT GUILTY by jury of charges EXTORTION, POSSESSION OF A HANDGUN, ASSAULT WITH A WEAPON, CARRY CONCEALED WEAPON, and, UTTER THREAT OF BODILY HARM. Defence cross-examination of complainant revealed multiple lies. Client did not have to testify. Toronto Superior Court.
- After lengthy negotiations, client received only monetary fine after being charged with CARELESS STORAGE OF FIREARM, CARELESS STORAGE OF AMMUNITION, POSSESSION OF A PROHIBITED FIREARM, and UNAUTHORIZED POSSESSION OF A FIREARM, despite initially facing lengthy term of imprisonment. Brampton Provincial Court.
- Client charges with POSSESSION OF A RESTRICTED PROHIBITED FIREARM, POSSESSION OF A PROHIBITED WEAPON, TRAFFICKING COCAINE, POSSESSION OF PROHIBITED AMMUNITION, and POSSESSION OF PROCEEDS OF CRIME. After review of search warrant materials used by police to obtain evidence, defence able negotiate with crown the withdrawal of all charges due to insufficiencies of search warrant. Toronto Provincial Court.